*it makes 2 pizza crusts...
1 teaspoon or 1/2 packet active dry yeast
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cut extra virgin olive oil
1. Pour 1 1/2 cups warm water into a bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the water.
2.Combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
3. With an electric mixer on low speed, drizzle in the olive oil until just incorporated.
4. In a seperate bowl, gently stir the yeast/water mixture.
5. Drizzle it into the flour/oil mixture; mix until the dough forms a ball (You can also mix by hand until the dough comes together...and I would highly suggest it!)
6. Drizzle a little olive oil into a clean bowl. Toss the ball of dough in the bown and turn over to coat in oil. (we accidentally skipped this step and it worked out fine.)
7. Cover the bowl with a moist kitchen towel and set in a warm place for 1 to 2 hours, or cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
8. To prepare the pizza, preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
9. Divide the dough in half. Lightly drizzle olive oil in the pizza pan or rimmed baking pan.
10. Using your hands, stretch the dough to the desired shape, pressing the dough into the pan with your fingers. The thinner the better.
11. Add desired toppings and bake 8-10 minutes.
Beginning pics. The toppings on this pizza were my choice. Ingredients: tomato sauce, tomatoes, olives, pepperoni, turkey (what we had in the fridge already), onion, cheese, and bacon.
This was John's pizza. Ingredients: bacon, chicken, bbq sauce, and cheese.
And now for the results....
They were just oh so tasty!